Cost- $18 per person
Dependent on Water Level – Backdoor Sports may be closed due to a variety of reasons:
- Water level too low, water temp too high, amount of dissolved oxygen too low. These are all conditions detrimental to the aquatic life and Backdoor Sports may be closed temporarily per our agreement with the City of Steamboat Springs and Colorado Department of Wildlife.
- Water level too high – Backdoor Sports has determined that water levels above 700 cubic feet per second are not safe for commercial tubing.
- Life jackets are ALWAYS recommended and at higher levels they are required.
- Age restrictions may be implicated dependent on flows.
- Backdoor Sports reserves the right to decline service to persons we deem physically or otherwise impaired.
- Shoes (not flip flops) are required. River shoes are available at Backdoor Sports for $3.
BEST TIME TO GO TUBING: Backdoor Sports (and all tubing outfitters in Steamboat Springs) have a set number of tubes allocated for each particular day of the week. When we reach that quota we can no longer provide tubing service. Your experience will ALWAYS be better if you can depart before noon… less crowds, less chance of afternoon storms (better weather), less chance of being sold out.
TIMES OF OPERATION: 10:30am ’till 4pm We are VERY strict about these times.
- Required for groups over 25 people
- No reservations after 1pm
- Must have all waivers signed and presented at reservation time
- Payment in one form (cash, check, or credit card) for entire group